First, exit Outlook.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Outlook\Options\RSS DWORD: Disable Value: 1
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Outlook\Options\Journal DWORD: Disable Value: 1
Then run MFCMapi and delete the folders:
- Click OK when it shows its start-up message.
- Click Session->Logon and Display Store Table.
- If you get a prompt to choose a profile, choose the one you want to change.
- Double-click on Mailbox... in the list.
- Expand the tree control to show Root->IPM_Subtree
- Right-click on the folder to delete, and select Delete.
Start up Outlook and bask in the glory of success.