I like to use a VM with its NIC bridged to a real NIC. Sometimes I work at a client site where there's a Windows domain policy that blocks this. Here's the work-around:
- Disconnect from the network.
- Search for NC_AllowNetBridge_NLA
- Set each instance of NC_AllowNetBridge_NLA = 1
- If Network Connections is open, close it.
- Open Network Connections
- Select the two connections to bridge, and click Advanced/Bridge-Connections
If there is a domain policy in effect, a few minutes after you reconnect to the domain, your policy change will be un-done. However, the policy only prevents the CREATION of new bridges -- it does not disable bridges that are in existence.