I upgraded from Parallels 7 to Parallels 8 and it messed up my Windows guest keyboard layouts.
I use a Dvorak keyboard layout in Windows and in OS X. After the upgrade, some Windows programs would use Dvorak and others would use Scholes (QWERTY).
This is caused by a failed attempt by Parallels to synch keyboard layouts between guest and OS X. To disable it:
- Shut down the virtual machine.
- Go to the folder where your PVM files live.
- Right click on your VM file and select ‘Show package contents’
- Edit config.pvs using TextEdit
- Find “KeyboardLayoutSync” and change the value for ‘Enabled’ to ‘0’ (zero).