Alexa started offering a “station” every time I asked her to play tunes by an artist or to play a particular tune.
After a little investigation, I discovered it was one Echo impacted, out of the 5 in our home. Somehow, the one device seemed not to know we had a subscription that would permit us to request particular tunes. (I think it is our Prime subscription. I don’t think we have a deluxe music subscription.)
Rebooting the device and checking the software for the latest version did not change its behavior.
At any rate, the solution was to deregister and re-register that Echo. To do so:
- Browse to https://alexa.amazon.com and login, if necessary.
- Select “Settings”
- Click on that particular Echo device, from the list of devices.
- Scroll down to the “About” section and click “Deregister”.
- Confirm that is what you want to do.
- Now run and fetch your phone, because Registering can only be accomplished via the Alexa app on your phone.
- Give the Echo 3 minutes to restart. If it hasn’t restarted on its own, power cycle it.
- The Alexa app on your phone should prompt you to register the “new” device. Follow the wizard as it walks you through registering.