I hate transparency in images. More accurately, I hate having to make it happen – I think it is a fine concept.
Turns out that Preview on the Mac handles this. From http://scripting.com/2014/11/27/aHiddenMacPaintProgram.html …
- Copy an image to the clipboard.
- Launch Preview.app.
- Choose New from Clipboard from the File menu.
- When the image window opens, click on the toolbox icon to enable the editing features.
Things you can do:
- Resize/scale an image.
- Make the background transparent.
- Draw an arrow on the image.
- Save as either GIF, JPG or PNG.
Step-by-step with pictures is at http://osxdaily.com/2013/01/27/make-a-transparent-image-png-or-gif-easily-with-preview-for-mac-os-x/