Here’s how the adjustments on an Ikea Komplement hinge (used on the Pax wardrobe) work.
There are 3 adjusting screws:
- The Left/Right screw. Tilt door from side to side. Turn clockwise to move the door away from the hinge’s wall (when the door is closed).
- The In/Out screw. Move door to/from back of cabinet. Turn clockwise to move the door away from the back of the cabinet.
- The Up/Down screw. There’s a screw pair attaching the hinge to the wall. There’s a 3rd screw that doesn’t go into holes in the wall. It is an eccentric screw. As you turn it, you’ll notice the paired screws moving inside their holes.
- When the holes get bigger on top of the screw pair, the door moves up.
- When the holes get bigger on the bottom of the screw pair, the door moves down.