Commitments by Donald Trump:
- Trump, 2016.06.16: We have to repeal Obamacare, and it can be— and— and it can be replaced with something much better for everybody. Let it be for everybody. But much better and much less expensive for people and for the government. And we can do it… I would do various things very quickly. I would repeal and replace the big lie, Obamacare.
- Trump, 2016.06.16: I will be the greatest jobs president that God ever created. I tell you that. I’ll bring back our jobs from China, from Mexico, from Japan, from so many places. I’ll bring back our jobs, and I’ll bring back our money.
- Trump, 2016.06.16: I would build a great wall, and nobody builds walls better than me, believe me, and I’ll build them very inexpensively, I will build a great, great wall on our southern border. And I will have Mexico pay for that wall. Mark my words.
- Trump, 2016.06.16: I will stop Iran from getting nuclear weapons.
- [Trump, 2016.06.16]http://time.com/3923128/donald-trump-announcement-speech/): I look at the roads being built all over the country, and I say I can build those things for one-third.
- Trump, 2016.06.16: Reduce our $18 trillion in debt
- Trump, 2015.06.24: I would rarely leave the White House because there’s so much work to be done. I would not be a president who took vacations. I would not be a president that takes time off.
- Trump, 2015.12.07: … total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States …
- Trump, 2016.02.13: I’m going to save Social Security… But we’re not going to hurt the people who have been paying into Social Security their whole life and then all of a sudden they’re supposed to get less.
- 2011.12.05: Social Security is here to stay. To be sure, we must reform it, root out the fraud, make it more efficient, and ensure that the program is solvent. Same goes for Medicare. Again, people have lived up to their end of the bargain and paid into the program in good faith. Of course they believe they’re “entitled” to receive the benefits they paid for–they are!
- Trump, 2007.07.02: I would impose a one-time, 14.25% tax on individuals and trusts with a net worth over $10 million. That would raise $5.7 trillion in new revenue, which we would use to pay off the entire national debt.
- Trump, 2000.07.02: I would never support what has to be the craziest ideas in the history of U.S. politics: allowing the government to invest Social Security retirement funds in the stock market.
- Trump, 2016.03.15: I will do everything within my power not to touch Social Security, to leave it the way it is… And it’s my absolute intention to leave Social Security the way it is. Not increase the age and to leave it as is… I want to make America great again and I want to leave Social Security as is.
- : When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending the best. They’re not sending you, they’re sending people that have lots of problems and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. … And some, I assume, are good people.
- Per Politico: Latinos accounted for 9 percent of documented sexual assaults in 2013, far below their representation of 17 percent of the U.S. population. Whites, meanwhile, accounted for 71 percent of sexual assaults, above their 63 percent makeup of the U.S. population.