I wanted to use Quicken 2011 under Crossover Impersonator. I’m running Ubuntu 10.10 (Maverick Meerkat). I was getting black buttons, black graphs and black charts. I had installed Quicken using the generic Codeweavers install for Quicken 2011. It is a ‘supported application.’
Comparing Quicken running in a VM with Quicken under WINE, I noticed that everything that was rendered in black under WINE, had shading to make it look 3D in the VM. Using a native GDIplus.dll solved the problem.
Here’s the full Quicken 2011 install:
- Application -> Crossover -> Install Windows Software
- Choose Quicken 2011 under Supported Applications
- Select an Installer -> Choose an Installer Folder -> Browse to your Quicken CD (or folder where you copied the CD)
- Run the install. Do NOT launch Quicken at the end of the install.
- Browse (Nautilus) to ~/.cxoffice/Quicken 2011/drive_c/windows/system32
- Rename gdiplus.dll to gdiplus-hidden.dll
- Copy a real (Microsoft) gdiplus.dll to ~/.cxoffice/Quicken 2011/drive_c/windows/system32
- I've got a folder named windows-patches-and-MS-add-ons, where I keep all sorts of DLLs like this one.