All of this is on a Mac:
- Install jupyter:
sudo pip3 install jupyter
- Add R support for jupyter. You need to “install from source.” In R:
brew install zmq
- Use the command-line and not R studio
install.packages(c('rzmq','repr','IRkernel','IRdisplay'),repos = c('http://irkernel.github.io/', getOption('repos')), type = 'source') IRkernel::installspec(user = FALSE)
- Start Jupyter:
- I put this into a shell script “run-jupyter”
- Start it from Terminal. Current working directory is significant.
- It will open a local browser, and that’s how you interact with it. It will open the browser to navigate at the current working directory from where you started the server.
- Rename a notebook: Select the checkbox by the notebook’s name. The toolbar will gain a ‘Rename’ button.