I’m contemplating switching my wikis from MoinMoin to Deki. In order to be able to do this, I need to import MoinMoin pages and attachments into Deki.
What my scripts will do:
- Import MoinMoin pages into Deki.
- Import MoinMoin attachments into Deki.
- Import MoinMoin users into Deki.
- Create a mail-new-pw shell script you can run to notify all users of their user-ID and password on the new wiki.
- All page text is imported, but it may look a little different in Deki than in Moin.
- All attachments and embedded images will be moved to the end of their respective pages, and the embedded references to them will be changed to a message directing the user to the attachments at the end of the page.
- Embedded URLs will not be rewritten. This means that if your wiki is hosted at wiki.example.com, an url such as http://wiki.example.com/SomePage/Attached.file will NOT be adjusted to reference the relocated attachment.
- Users will be imported, but passwords will not. The Deki password 'recovery' process is available to users to gain access to their migrated account, as well as the email-password script generated by this upgrade process.
- A Deki wiki (can be empty).
- A MoinMoin wiki.
- A Windows PC with
- Python 2.5
- MoinMoin 1.5.8
- The instructions below assume that you have a MoinMoin wiki at www.example.com, that you've been evaluating Deki at wiki.example.com, and that you want your new wiki to be available at www.example.com.
It does all the Deki I/O via curl, so you can use it for samples of the curl commands for:
- Authorization (login)
- Page creation
- Subpage creation
- User creation
Please note: I prefer to keep these instructions on my site, and that people download the scripts via this page. That way, there is a slight chance that I’ll pick up some extra cents from the ads.
- Download my scripts to a Windows PC, and unzip them into a directory.
- Download the MoinMoin data directory to a Windows PC.
- Shut down your MoinMoin wiki and bring up your new Deki wiki at the old URL.
- Edit your httpd.conf:
- Comment out your MoinMoin VirtualHost at www.example.com.
- Locate your entry for wiki.example.com, and change its server name to use www instead of wiki.
- Restart Apache
- Make sure your (possibly empty) Deki wiki works at the new URL.
- Edit myoptions.py to contain values relevant to your Deki wiki.
- Note: You may wish to create a special wiki user ID named something like "imported-from-old-wiki".
- From a CMD prompt, run: python builder.py C:\path\to\your\wiki\data-directory
- You now have a 'listfiles' subdirectory, containing content that is ready for importing into Deki, plus a 'load2deki.sh' shell script.
- From a Cygwin prompt, run: bash load2deki.sh
- Your pages have been loaded into your Deki wiki. Note that it is safe to re-run this script, if needed. It will overwrite any previous editions of the pages.
- From a CMD prompt, run: python builder2.py C:\path\to\your\wiki\data-directory
- From a Cygwin prompt, run: bash load2deki2.sh
- Your attachments have been loaded into your Deki wiki.
- From a CMD prompt, run: python builder3.py C:\path\to\your\wiki\data-directory
- From a Cygwin prompt, run: bash load2deki3.sh
- Your users have been loaded into your Deki Wiki.
- Optional: Run mail-new-pw.sh on a server that supports the Unix/Linux 'mail' command. This will send email to each of your users, with their new ID/password.