Delicious. Does not taste “fishy” and is much nicer than traditional “salmon patties.” (As a kid, I hated salmon patties.) Much, much better than the frozen “Fish Paties with Spaghetti Squash” from Paleo Foods (IMHO).
I’m thinking of trying these in mini-muffin format, so they’ll thaw/warm faster in the microwave when frozen.
Stir in large mixing bowl:
- 2 x 15 oz cans pink salmon
- 1/4 C Olive oil
- 1 pound almond meal
- small onion, minced
Mix in small mixing bowl:
- 7 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 C mayonaise
- 2 tsp Tabasco (result has FAINT hint of taste)
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Dump small bowl into large, and mix.
- Preheat oven to 425 (ours runs 25 high, so we use 400)
- Grease muffin pan (solid, not liquid oil) or spray foil cups
- Spoon into cups, level with top
- Cook ~ 20 minutes, until tops are nicely toasted
- Cool for 5 minutes in pan
- Remove from pan and eat. </ul> Makes 18-20 muffins. 2 muffins is a serving. Note: I use silicone muffin pans, and these 'release' very nicely.